To know, experience and share our hope in Jesus Christ.
The Mission of Prescott College Southern is to promote a relationship between each student and Jesus Christ and to facilitate excellent achievement in a caring environment.
Prescott College Southern believes that each student is a child of God, unique and of immeasurable value. We recognise the importance of systematic development of the whole person. Students are taught to accept the concept of service as a principle of life; to be sensitive to the needs of people; and to become contributing members in their home and community.
The school experience is designed to promote in children:
- A continuing relationship with Christ as their personal Saviour and Friend.
- A Christian attitude in word and action.
- Openness in sharing their personal Christian experience.
- An understanding of God as an integral part of all learning.
- An ability to apply the principles of Christianity in the study of all Key Learning Areas.
- An enthusiasm for learning.
- The development of the skills of literacy and numeracy.
- The ability to be imaginative and creative.
- A willingness to evaluate their ideas and learning.
- An awareness, appreciation and involvement in various forms of art and culture.
- A willingness to strive for excellence.
- Behaviour that displays concern and care for others.
- An ability and disposition to behave cooperatively.
- A sense of identity, achievement and worth.
- Valuing the school and a sense of pride in it.
- An appreciation of their responsibility to God, themselves and to others in caring for their bodies.
- The development of skills that will help each child to develop appropriate levels of fitness.